His Princess, Their Daughter, His Wife...I am Me

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fear....

"It's better to fear what the future holds, then to live in fear of your past." This is a paraphrase of a quote I heard the other night. It made me think long and hard. I don't have a horrible past, as I've already let you know a little bit about. But some days I do fear what the future holds for me. I'm in the midst of making some changes in the way I live my life. And they are all for the better. I'm working on loosing some weight, me and Chuck are looking forward to having children (in the future...) and I'm changing some habits that will help live a better lifestyle.


I've begun new eating habits. I'm not exactly eating 100% healthy but I am watching what I allow myself to eat and how much of it I eat. I'm drinking nothing but water. Which isn't as bad as you would think but sometimes it is annoying. I caught myself last night telling Chuck that I really wanted a glass of Sweet Tea. I mean I literally decided all of this and quit it cold turkey. One day I was eating whatever and whenever I wished, and the next I changed it all.


I'm walking every morning now. I began a week ago tomorrow. The first 3 days my legs would be hurting within the first 20 minutes and after 1 1/2 laps I was ready to quit. But I kept going. The pain began to go away and even today, there was none until I was almost done. And the past 2 days I have even added almost a whole lap. My brother Seth is joining me on these walks. He runs or rides his bike from his house and walks with me, then returns home. He has helped me so much and I'm so blessed to have him in life. He has been so encouraging and uplifting. He even told me today that my speed has gotten quicker. Everyday before he leaves he tells me how proud he is of me and to keep it goin!


I've also decided to begin reading a couple chapters from Psalms each day. I've decided that I have so much to be thankful for and so many blessing from God, that I wanted to read a prayer of praise each day. Chuck and I are truly blessed to be where we are today. God continuously shows how mighty and powerful he his!!


I know that not many people really take the time to read this. But I like to use this as a place to write about stuff on my mind. But of course I only post stuff that I don't mind people knowing. But if you do happen to be reading this, I ask you to lift a prayer for me up to the Lord. Just asking that he continue to give me the strength and confidence and the faith that he has already placed inside of me! Thank you in advance!


I'm pretty sure that most of you already know that my husband and I have a great love for young children. I can't really explain it, but it's almost like we view these children as some of our own. We love and care for each and every one of them. And one day...awhile from now, I want a child of my own. This is why I am so dedicated to make these changes. So that I can be healthy and prepare myself to have a healthy little baby. But like I said...no one get your hopes up...it's still going to be a little while!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home